Can a Wi-Fi Thermostat Solve Your AC Problems?
This year’s hottest home gadget is the smart thermostat, a thermostat you can control right from the smartphone you use every day (or a computer or tablet). That way, you are more comfortable, since you can use your smart phone to adjust temperatures and ensure the home is cooled to your liking before you arrive.
In addition, if you struggle with AC efficiency, a Wi-Fi thermostat may help to resolve that. But can it solve all of your AC and heating issues?
Air Services Unlimited is offering a special deal for smart thermostats in Orange, TX and throughout the area. Save on a Honeywell Lyric Wi-Fi thermostat and a water leak and freeze detector to prevent flooding and alert you to leaks in your home, through 2/28/2017. Call for details!
Smart Technology Helps You Use Your Thermostat More Efficiently
Air conditioning costing you too much to use? One of the most important things you can do with a smart thermostat is to use it to make better choices about home energy efficiency. The air conditioner takes up a large portion of your bills, and it’s safe to assume that using it less will help you to save. A Wi-Fi thermostat helps you do that, and Lyric Wi-Fi thermostats help you to do even more:
- Set a schedule and commit to better efficiency in the long term. One of the biggest problems with a conventional programmable thermostat is that it can be difficult to use. Wi-Fi thermostats are easy to control and program, with a clear display and user friendly interface.
- Use location services to automatically adjust the thermostat. If you’re miles and miles away from home, your smart phone app will not send a signal to the thermostat to activate the air conditioner. However, if you’re just arriving into your neighborhood, the Honeywell Lyric Wi-Fi thermostat will automatically adjust to your programmed settings.
- Let the thermostat learn your habits. A Honeywell Lyric Wi-Fi thermostat can learn your schedule and habits to automatically provide the most efficient schedule.
A smart thermostat, or Wi-Fi thermostat, can help to resolve AC efficiency issues. But is it the solution to all of your heating and cooling needs?
But a Wi-Fi Thermostat Cannot Solve All of Your AC Problems
So a Wi-Fi thermostat can help you to resolve many efficiency and comfort issues. However, it cannot resolve all of your air conditioning and heating system problems. Often, people assume that their cooling problems are due to an error with the thermostat, but there are usually much more substantial problems at play.
Upgrading to a new thermostat is only one step in better air conditioning and heating performance. Consider these steps for a whole new heating and cooling experience.
- Cutting back on AC usage – Changing the temperature by about 7-10° for 8 hours when you are not home or when you are asleep can reduce your energy bills and prevent AC repairs.
- Scheduling regular AC maintenance – Professional AC maintenance may keep your air conditioner in better shape for longer.
- Calling for repairs when you need them – Calling for AC repairs from a technician as soon as you notice problems with your comfort system keeps the issue from getting worse. Poor airflow, odd noises, and trouble starting up the air conditioner cannot be resolved with a new thermostat.
- Getting the right size air conditioner for your home – When you upgrade your AC equipment, make sure it is properly sized for your home. Otherwise, it may break down prematurely.
It’s your last chance to save on our technology bundle! Get a Honeywell Lyric Wi-Fi thermostat, water leak and freeze detector sensor, and one-year comfort maintenance agreement for one $749. 25—only for a limited time!